Volunteers are at the heart of Move On Wood Recycling and your safety is very important to us. Please see below for guidance for all volunteers.
The Government’s advice re: Coronavirus has now changed, as they have progressed on to a “delay” strategy. As a result the public health advice we have received has also changed:
- People with persistent cough or fever should self-isolate for 7 days from the onset of symptoms.
- This applies to symptoms of recent onset, meaning within the last 7 days.
- If you find yourself in this situation, please phone Move On Wood Recycling as soon as possible. Do not come into volunteer.
- You can return to volunteering after 7 days if you’re improving but do not need to be symptom free.
- You should contact your GP if you’re not improving after 7 days.
The purpose of staying at home is to isolate yourself and help to stop the spread of the virus. Useful information on self-isolation can be found at NHS inform: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19
- Hand washing
Please wash your hands regularly, particularly after sneezing and coughing; before eating or drinking; after using the bathroom; and after you touch objects that may have been in contact with people exhibiting flu-like symptoms. Please wash your hands for a minimum of 20 seconds and follow the correct steps:
- Avoiding the virus
There are simple steps you can take to reduce your risk:
- Avoiding direct hand contact with your eyes, nose and mouth
- Maintaining good hand hygiene
- Avoiding direct contact with people that have a respiratory illness, fever and cough, and avoiding using their personal items, such as their mobile phone
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with disposable tissues and disposing of them in the nearest waste bin after use
- Not touching surfaces that may be contaminated with the virus
- Using hand sanitisers, if and when appropriate
- Not doing any non-essential travel. If you are in any doubt as to whether planned travel is essential please discuss with Move On Wood Recycling.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) helpline
If you don’t have symptoms and are looking for general information, a free helpline has been set up on 0800 028 2816. The helpline is open everyday, 8.00am to 10.00pm.